Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Brand New Start

 Welcome to the new blog.  I exceeded my photo upload quota on my old blog, so the easiest thing for me to do was start a new one.  So here it is!

Here's what we've been up to since the last blog:

Kevin and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary!  Crazy I know.   Kevin is so good to me I don't know where to begin.  He always tries to do what will make me happy, and he is so helpful to me with the boys, especially at dinner/bedtime, which is usually the hardest part of the day for me.  And whenever there is a tense moment between us (usually caused by me) he says something funny which helps snaps us out of it.  And he sure knows how to have fun.  Our evenings usually end in laughter.  He always thinks of funny things, like "let's all get in Jacob's tent!" (see below).  It's so boring when he is away for work.  Love you, babe!  















Every time I sit at our dining room table, I just feel so blessed with where we live.  We don't have a backyard, but we do have a little patio that is fun with a bird feeder.  And we have nice trees to look at too. During lunch Jacob and I see birds, squirrels running along the fences, geese and ducks walking with their babies (which is extremely cute!), and our neighbors out for walks.  It gives us a lot to talk about and I just love it.














This past mother's day was a very special one for me, because I got my very first homemade gift from Jacob.  I'm sure his nursery leader did most of the work, but I just loved it.  Getting homemade things from my kids was something I always looked forward to before I became a mother.


















A couple of weeks ago, we got Jacob a seat to put on Kevin's bike, so they could go for bike rides together.  Seeing Jacob in his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse helmet is the cutest thing ever!  He loves going for bike rides with daddy:)



















Hand in the pocket.  Love it.















I cannot resist buying cute hats!


















 Lately I have felt sort of guilty about all the time I have to spend with Hudson.  Jacob definitely gets jealous.  But he is really becoming a big brother, because as time goes on the more patient he becomes when I have to do things for Hudson, and he will even try to help me.  Nevertheless, I still feel like I am missing out on fun time with Jacob.  So I have been trying to do a fun activity with him everyday.  Luckily, there are a bajillion ideas on Pinterest of activities with toddlers, so we tried some:

Food coloring in milk.  He moved the colors around, and then I added a drop of dish soap, and the colors all ran!  It was cool.
































For this one, I put water in a bowl, and then put a layer of oil on top.  Then we dropped food coloring into the bowl.  It moved slowly through the oil, but when it reached the water, it was like a burst of color!














Phases of the moon with oreos.  This was a little advanced, but He actually was able to match the oreos with the correct picture, so I thought that was cool.  He loves the moon.




















This is my favorite thing of the day--when Hudson wakes up from naps.  When he wakes up he coos and plays, so when Jacob and I hear that, we go to his crib, smile at him, and say "Did you wake up?"  In a high pitched voice.  Hudson gives us the biggest smiles and sometimes even squeals.


Holding a kitten at Uncle Justin's and Aunt Christina's.


















Eating pancakes with freshly whipped cream from the cow.  Jacob said "More ice cream!"



















Enjoying a fine meal with cousins














Drying off after a swim.  Who needs a towel?


















A couple of weeks ago, Jacob got his very own tricycle!  He loves it.  He can't pedal that well yet, but it's fun for him to ride:)


Brothers playing together!  They are starting to interact and it is so fun.














Charming the poll workers on voting day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment